Sunday, October 10, 2010

Introduction




Hi!  Welcome to Magic and Me and ASD!   What is my blog about?  Well, the Me is, well, me!  Missy.  I'm a homeschool mom to a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old, who is still in public school.  When I'm not busy on the computer, you can usually find me at the dance studio with my girls (they dance A LOT) or hanging out with friends.  For those of you who don't know, ASD stands for Autism Spectrum Disorder.  My 13 year old, Sarah, has Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism, and my 9 year old, Allison, exhibits her own little "spectrum issues," too, at times, so a lot of stuff in my blog will have to do with Autism Spectrum Disorders (specifically Asperger's) and how it can affect my family's life and yours.  So, what does the Magic stand for?  DISNEY!!!  Not only am I a homeschool mom, I also work as a travel agent for a company called 3D Travel Company, which specializes in Disney travel!  If you can't tell yet, I LOVE DISNEY!!!  Therefore, this is the perfect job for me!  Anyways, a lot of what I write will be about handling autism spectrum disorders at Disney, as well as some posts just about autism spectrum disorders or some posts just about Disney that I think people might be interested in.  I hope you enjoy the ride!

1 comment: